Cantor’s Corner: Composite Molding
Presented by Murray Lampert Design, Build, Remodel
Moldings are a great way to add visual interest to your home and spruce up an otherwise boring room. For paint-grade baseboards, door casings and crown moldings, a great option for your remodeling project is composite molding. Known in the industry as MDF, which stands for medium density fiberboard, composite molding is an engineered product made of separated fibers. It is an affordable alternative to solid wood moldings.
Advantages of composite molding:
1. Extremely stable and dense so it doesn’t warp.
2. Cutting and fitting is much easier than natural wood.
3. There are many sizes and profiles available.
4. Available already sanded and pre-primed.
5. Ideal for semi-gloss and high-gloss paint.
6. Looks beautiful when finished.
To see some of the many MDF composite molding options, check out kelleher.com