Cantor’s Corner: 2017 Home Improvement Statistics
by Gregg Cantor Resident Pro, The Approved Home Pro Show President, Murray Lampert Design, Build, Remodel
The Latest Home Improvement Statistics for San Diego
The San Diego real estate market has improved dramatically, making it a great time to invest in your current home or consider a new purchase. I wanted to share some recent home improvement statistics from a nationally recognized source that shows very favorable news for homeowners considering major remodeling or other energy efficient upgrades.
- The average full house remodel in San Diego is $373,277
- 89% of households plan to either remodel, build an addition, or fully re-decorate (tied with Washington D.C. for the most in the country).
- 94% plan to hire a professional contractor.
- Average home value of those projects is $725,000.
- Average household income of those completing projects is $155,000.
Popular Improvements and Upgrades Right Now
- Out of the renovations/additions, 28% include bathrooms
- 23% kitchen
- 18% flooring
- 18% patios or landscape
- 15 % windows and doors
- 14% deck or porches.
At Approved Home Pros, we have licensed and vetted contractors for all these needs. Keep in mind that 41% of the projects exceed “initial” customer budgets, so trusting your contractor is extremely important.
Choosing a Pro
When choosing a pro, here are the key decisions making factors for homeowners:
- 81% good reviews
- 70% expert in their field
- 67% personality I can work with
- 59% completed on time
- 8% lowest cost option