Remodel Start To Finish: Project Manager
Presented by Murray Lampert Design, Build, Remodel
The next phase in Remodel Start to Finish is working with a project manager. It is important to hire an experienced firm with the staff to orchestrate your project, not a Chuck in a Truck. An experienced firm will likely assign a project manager to your project. This person plays a key role in the success of your home remodeling or construction project.
After the building permit is issued, the project manager is the one responsible to make sure your project runs smoothly, finishes on time and makes certain your home remodel meets high quality standards.
Some of the responsibilities of a project manager are:
1) Meeting with the homeowner to debrief them on what to expect and how to prepare for the start of their project.
2) Handling day to day communication with both the homeowner and the professional trades involved
3) Creating the project schedule.
4) Makeing sure selections are made and materials are ordered in a timely fashion.
5) Meeting building inspectors.
6) Maintaining jobsite safety.
7) Quality control