Hardware Stores in San Diego
For frequent hardware store patrons—those who love the smell of sawdust, the feel of a power drill in hand, the many tones in a paint swatch—we have exactly what you need. Approved Home Pros gives you a cumulative list of only the best and most trusted hardware stores in San Diego.
Hardware Tips From the Pros
Hardware stores in San Diego are stocked with all the tools a person could ever need. Here are some cool tools and accessories you should keep at your workbench.
- The basics – A hammer, Phillips and flathead screwdrivers, pliers, a crescent wrench, a socket wrench—the basics never go out of style and are essential for simple home repairs.
- Saws – Handsaws have become the symbol of the working craftsperson, and you should ideally have a few in your arsenal. Start with a crosscut saw for all your basic needs. Add a rip saw, coping saw, and dovetail to your collection as your tastes and projects evolve.
- Multi-tool – Whether you’re on the road, in the wild, or in your backyard, a multi-tool offers everything you need to cut, screw, or ply on the fly.
- Zip ties – While most people swear by duct tape, zip ties can perform just as well when it comes to attaching one thing to essentially anything else. Use them to wind up a tangle of wires and cords or create a temporary fix without the sticky mess of duct tape.
- Spouted paint can lids – Featuring a simple, resealable spout, these paint can lids allow for easy pouring into trays without dripping paint onto the can, which is how paint often gets on the floor and tracks through your home.
More from San Diego Hardware Stores