HOW TO PICK A HOME ENTERTAINMENT or HOME THEATER DESIGN AND INSTALLATION COMPANY
There are many people who claim to be Home Entertainment or Home Theater specialists. For San Diego Home Entertainment systems, there are a great many “Chuck and a Truck” style companies and individuals who will gladly take your money, but are by no means specialists or qualified Home Entertainment contractor pros.
When you go to hire a company to design and install a home entertainment or home theater system in your home, it is critical you ask a few key questions. These include:
• Confirm they have a current contractor’s license at CSLB.org
• Obtain proof of General Liability Insurance.
• Obtain proof of Worker’s Compensation Insurance (if any non-owners working on project.)
• Review proof of Experience with similar projects.
• Review examples of system documentation for future reference.
• Ask for industry certifications and affiliations.
• Confirm they are a direct dealer for most of the brands they are providing.
• Confirm good standing with consumer advocacy organizations.
• Ask about sufficient personnel to provide rapid service.
• Look for a good attitude—this stuff is fun!
Home Theater or Family Room System?
Today in San Diego and beyond, many people are choosing not to go with a traditional in-home theater. Rather, they are seeking to bring the family together with a system that is more integrated into the day-to-day living space. Even the most upscale homes that just a few years ago were designing specific rooms with theater systems and seating are now seeking to create an environment that brings people together in a less formal setting. Curling up on the couch with a great movie is a great creator of “togetherness”.